Original Adopted Date: 4-08-02 Last Revised Date: 4-14-03 Last Reviewed Date: 8-22-22
Preparing today's students for tomorrow's world in a caring learning environment
We believe . . .
1. The district exists not to serve itself, but its students and their futures.
2. Every student can learn, and needs access to outstanding learning resources, and a diversity of ideas, people and experiences.
3. Every student is worthy of respect, ethical leadership, and a safe learning environment.
4. Student potential is maximized through a relevant and ambitious curriculum, effective instruction, rigorous thinking, and student effort.
5. Involvement by families and community members is facilitated by frequent and open communication.
6. Celebrating success creates a sense of community.
Legal Reference: Iowa Code §§ 256.11 (2013).
Cross Reference: 102 Equal Educational Opportunity
103 Long-Range Needs Assessment
209 Board of Directors' Management Procedures
600 Goals and Objectives of the Education Program
602 Curriculum Development